Beyond Barnard holds more than 2,500 one-on-one advising appointments annually and upwards of 125 programs. We serve all students and alumnae of the College.
Seven full-time staff serve as advisors, and can address questions about career exploration, internships, campus jobs, a wide array of job application documents, interviews and negotiation, fellowships, graduate and professional school, and much more. Walk-in hours are available Monday through Friday at Elliott Hall from 12-2PM, though students and alumnae are encouraged to schedule appointments with staff via Handshake.
Walk-in hours with our team of Peer Career Advisors are open to students Monday through Friday from 10AM-5PM. Please feel free to ask us about advising resources by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beyond Barnard hosts 125+ events and programs per year on topics like:
- Career exploration and job applications
- Graduate and professional school (including PhD's, master's degrees, Law, Medical, Business, etc.)
- 4+1 and Combined Programs
- Discernment and applications for competitive fellowships
- Research opportunities across disciplines
- Mentoring opportunities that connect students with alumnae
Students and alumnae can access to our full calendar of upcoming events and programs by logging into Handshake.